The Governor of Arkansas issued a press release May 4th outlining the conditions under which venues such as theaters, arenas, and stadiums would be allowed to reopen.
The directive allows “indoor venues for commercial, community, or civic events and activities where an audience, spectators, or a gathering of people are present, such as concerts, plays, movies, lectures, presentations, conferences, conventions, sporting events, races, fundraisers, trade shows, and festivals” to reopen on May 18th for audiences of fewer than 50, with strict social distancing requirements.
The Arkansas Department of Health has issued a directive which specifies the social distancing requirements.
ADH directive in regard to reopening large venues:
- The performers/players/contestants must be separated from the audience by at least 12 feet and must be limited to 50 or fewer.
- The audience is limited to 50 or fewer people.
- Lines or queues for entrance, exit, making purchases, or for other reasons must be marked or monitored to maintain six feet between people.
- Seating must be arranged to maintain six feet between members of the audience.
- Family groups may sit together but maintain six feet between groups.
- Every other row of seating should be unoccupied.
- Face coverings are required except for children younger than 10.
- Performers/players/contestants may be without a face covering if they are 12 feet from each other.
- Signs must be posted at all entrances advising members of the public not to enter if:
– They have fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, or a recent loss of taste or smell.
– They have had known exposure to someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Signs must be posted at all entrances advising members of the public that they may wish to refrain from entering if:
– They are 65 years of age or older.
– They have underlying health conditions including high blood pressure, chronic lung disease, diabetes, severe obesity, asthma, or weakened immunity.
- Hand-sanitizer stations must be available at all entrances and exits.
- Refreshments may be served. However, self-service operations, including, but not limited to, salad bars, buffets, and condiment bars shall not be allowed.
- The facility, including seating, shall be cleaned and disinfected before and after each use.
- Frequently touched surfaces shall be cleaned periodically during the course of the event.
TempleLive in Fort Smith, Arkansas has been one of the first venues to announce a post-lock down live concert event. However, the event is scheduled to take place several days before the new directive takes effect and 229 seats are available for the concert, which exceeds the 50 person audience cap.